JKSSB Important VLW Forest Guard and other important Exams important study materials/ Questions part 1
IN THIS POST JK STUDY PORTAL JKSSB IMPORTANT VLW FOREST GUARD AND OTHER IMPORTANT EXAMS /IMPORTANT STUDY MATERIALS
JKSSB IMPORTANT VLW FOREST GUARD
CHECK DETAILS BELOW
JKSSB Important VLW Forest Guard and other important Exam complete study materials
Join Our Whats App Group For Instant Updates
· Chenab is the mightiest river of J&K.
· Maha Padma I the ancient name of Wular Lake.
· Wular Lake provides water to Jhelum River.
· Wular Lake is largest fresh water lake in India.
· Sheshnag Lake is in Anantnag.
· Konsarnag Lake is situated between the peaks of Pir Panjal range.
· Gangabal Lake is on the North-East of Harmukh Mountain.
· Dal Lake which is to the East of Srignar known as Jewel in the crown of Kashmir.
· Chenab is the Himalayan contour of Lahaul and Spiti.
· Chenab is the result of confluence of Chandra and Bhaga.
· Marusudar River is in the lower areas of Warwan river.
· The origin of Tawi river is Kailash Kund Glacier which are in Doda district.
· The length of Ravi River is approximately 720.
· The two imp. Tributaries of Ujh are Naaz and Bhinni Nala.
· The Neelum river is also called by Kishanganga.
· Mansar Lake is located on Shiwalik.
· Anchar Lake is in Ganderbal.
· Nur canal takes its water from the River Jhelum to Wular Lake.
· On Harmukh Mountains are Shokh and Dokh related with Goddess Parvati.
· Marsar Lake flows in to Lidar River.
· Hokersar Lake is in Baramulla.
· Gangabal Lake is known as Harmukh Ganga.
· Harwan Lake is main source of water supply to Srinagar.
· Sansar Lke is on Patnitop.
· Mansar Lake is also called Mansarovar.
· Kausar nag is also called Vishnupad.
· Tarsar Lake is in Aru, Anantnag and its shape is like an Almond.
· Anchar Lake is linked with Dal Lake by Amir Khan Nullah.
· Neelnag Lake is located in Budgam.
· Liddar River is in Pahalgam Anantnag.
· Jhelum is called Veetesta in Sanskrit & Veth in Kashmiri.
· Kishanganga river is also called Neelam River.
· Manabal Lke is famous for Lotus.
· Wular Lake is largest fresh water Lake in Asia.
· On Mansar Lake lies the Sheshnag temple.
· Tulbul Navigation Project is on Wular Lake.
· Gangabal Lake is on the foot hills of Harmukh Mountain.
· Sheshnag is enroute to Amarnath Cave.
· Tawi River is also called Suryaputri.
· The origin of Chenab is Snowbed Baralacha, Pangi Valley in Chamba.
· The origin of Tawi River kali Kundi Glacer near Sewajdhar in Baaderwah.
· Kishanganga and Jehlum joins at Dome.
· Chanab is also called as Chandrbhaga.
· River Ravi is also called Iravati.
ALSO READ THIS: NSP Scholarship 2022-23 Apply online for pre-matric and post matric @scholarships.gov.in
Flora and Fauna of J&K 2
Pulp is used for manufacture of hand-made paper.
· 1.7 categories of IUCN are red listed in J&K.
· Budgam is smallest in forest cover in J&K.
· Dachigam N.P is 141 sq. km in Srinagar.
· Doda largest in forest cover in J&K.
· Gulmarg W.S. is 180 sq. km in Baramulla.
Hirpora W.S. is 341 sq. km in Shopain.
· In J&K Hangul Project was launched in 1970.
· Jasrota W.S. is 10.04 sq. km in Kathua.
· Jasrota W.S. is situated on the bank of river Ujh in J&K.
· Kazinag N.P is 89 sq. km in Baramulla.
· Kishtwar N.P is 400 sq. km in Kishtwar / Doda.
· Lachipora W.S. is 80 sq. km in Baramulla.
· Limber W.S. is 26 sq. km in Baramulla.
· Nandini W.S. is 33.34 sq. km in Jammu.
· Nandini Wildlife Sanctuary is situated on NH 1A in J&K.
· Overa Aru W.S. is 425 sq. km in Anantnag.
· Polar wood is used for match in factory.
Rajparian/Daksum is 20 sq. km in Anantnag.
· Ramnagar W.S. is 32.50 sq. km in Jammu.
· Red Data Book provides information on endangered plants and animals.
· Salim Ali N.P is 9.07 sq. km in Srinagar.
· Scientific name of Black Necked Crane is Grus Antigone.
· Scientific name of Chinar is Plantanus Orientalis.
· Scientific name of Deodar Tree is Cedrus Deodara.
· Scientific name of Hangul is Cervus Elaphus Hangulu.
· Scientific name of Himalayan Tahr is Himitragus jemlahicus.
· Scientific name of Ibex is Capra Ibex.
· Scientific name of Markhor is Capra Falconeri.
· Scientific name of Musk Deer is Moschus Chrysagaster.
Scientific name of Silver Fir is Abies Webbiana.
· Scientific name of Snow Leopord is Panthera Uncia.
· Surinsar is 97.82 in Udampur, Samba, Jammu.
· Thajiwas/Baltal is 203 sq.km in Gandrbal.
· The Sheri-i- Kashmir University of Agricultural Science was set up in 1982.
· There are five types of forests in J&K.
· Trikuta W.S. is 31.77 sq. km in Reasi.
· Walnut is used in wood carving industry.
3 Historical Facts and Figures of Jammu and Kashmir
Kashmir takes its name from a Sage.
Ø Buddhism in Kashmir was introduced by Ashoka in which century 3rd Century BCE.
Ø The word ‘Kashmir’ comes from two Sanskrit words ‘Ka’ and Shimira i.e. ‘Water and Dry up’.
In 1947, Sheikh Abdullah was declared as Emergency Administrator for J&K by Maharaja Hari Singh.
Ø Kalhana wrote ‘Rajatarangini’ means ‘River of Kings’ during 1148 to 50 A.D that records complete history of the legendary Kings of Kashmir.
Ø Hari Singh was the last Dogra ruler of Jammu and Kashmir.
Ø The earliest inhabitants of Kashmir were Nagaas and theat have men mentioned by Nilmata Purana.
Ø The first king in the history of Kashmir whose name is mentioned by Kalhana is Gonanda.
Ø Treaty of Amritsar was signed between Gulab Sing and Bristish.
Ø Karvan-e-Aman bus service was launched between Srinagar and Muzzafarabad on 7th April 2005.
Ø The Tashkent Declaration was signed in 1966 to restore normal and peaceful relations by Lal Bahadur Shastri and Ayub Khan.
Ø In 1928 the first full-fledged High court for Jammu and Kashmir was established.
Ø Frist hydroelectric projects Mohara hydroelectric project was constructed in 1905 with initial capacity of 4 MW.
Jammu was historically the seat of which Dogra dynasty.
Ø Before 1965, The head of Jammu and Kashmir was designated as the Sadar-i-Riyasat.
Ø J&K was brought on the railway of India on 15th July, 1970.
Ø Mehr Chand Mahajan was the Prime Minister of Jammu and Kashmir during the reign of Maharaja Hari Singh who later became the third Chief Justice of Supreme Court of India.
ALSO READ: India Post Recruitment 2022: Multi-Tasking Staff Posts, 37539 Vacancies | Apply Online
Ø The JKBOSE was established in 1975.
Ø Hiuen Tsang, the prominent Chinese traveller who visited India in the 7th century CE, during the rule of Karkota.
Ø In 1939 Sheikh Abdullah, converted JK Muslim Conference JK National Conference.
Ø Praja Parishad Party was founded in 1947 by Pandit Prem Nath Dogra and Balraj Madhok .
Ø Gonanda-I is Considered to be the oldest ruler in ancient times of Jammu and Kashmir .
Ashaka is credited with building many stupas in the history of Kashmir.
Ø Jambu Lochan is believed to be the Founder of Jammu.
In 1991 censes was not conducted in J&K.
4 :First in World -2 Female/Women (World General Knowledge)
Ø First Woman P.M. of England is Margaret Thatcher
Ø First Muslim Woman P.M. of a country is Bandamaike (Sri Lanka)
Ø First Woman to climb Mount Everest is Junko Tabei (Japan)
Ø First Woman Cosmonaut of World is Velentina Tereshkova (Russia)
Ø First Woman President of U.N. is Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit.
Ø First Woman reach North Pole is Ms. Fran.
Ø First Woman to reach Antarctica is Caroline Michaelson.
Ø First Woman to reach South Pole is Liv Arenesen (Norway).
Ø First Woman to have space walk is Svetlana Yevgenyena Savitskaya.
Ø First non-white Woman to win Noble Prize in Literature is Toni Morision.
ALSO READ: India Post Recruitment 2022: Multi-Tasking Staff Posts, 37539 Vacancies | Apply Online
First Woman to find asteroid is Caroline and Derschell.
Ø First Woman to swim five contents and seven imp. Seas is Bulachoudary (India)
Ø First Muslim Woman to get Noble Prize is Shirin Dbadi.
Ø First Asian Woman to cross English Channel is Aarti Saha (India)
Ø First Japanese Woman in Space is Chiaki Mukai.
Ø First Woman Cosmonaut in Space is Valentina Teresh Kova (Russia)
Ø First Woman judge of Supreme Court is Sandra Day O’Connor (USA)
Ø First Woman judge of International Court of Justices is Rosalyn Higgins (Britian)
Ø First Muslim Woman General Secretary of Amnesty International is Irine Zubedia Khan.
Ø First Youngest Woman to sail around world non-sport and alone is Kojiro Shiraishi (Japan).
Ø First Woman to cross Strait of Gibralater is Arti Pradhan (India)
Ø First Woman to climb Mount Everest twice is Santosh Yadav.
Ø First Woman Space Tourist is Anousheh Ansari (Iran).
First Woman President of a country is Isabel Martinez de Peron (Argentiana).
Ø First Woman pilot to make a Solo Flight is Elise Deroche.
Ø First Woman to pilot to circle Globe is Jerrie Mock.
Ø First Woman to win an Olympic Gold is Charlotte Cooper (England)
Ø First American Woman in Space is Sally Ride.
Ø First Woman P.M. of India is Indira Gandhi.
Ø First Woman P.M. of Pakistan is Benazir Bhutt.
Ø First Woman P.M. of Bangladesh is Khaleda Zia.
Ø First Woman Academy Award Best actress is Janet Gaynor.
Ø First Woman elected President of a Country is Isabel Martinez de Peron.
Ø First Woman Secretary of State is Madeleine Albright (USA).
Ø First Woman President of European Parliament is Simone Veil.
First Woman pilot a hot air balloon is Sophie Blanchard.
Ø First Woman to with Noble Prize is Marie Curie.
Ø First Woman to win Noble Prize in Peace is Bertha Von Suttner.
Ø First Woman to fly across the English Channel is Harriet Quimby.
Ø First Woman to walk in Space is Svetlana Savitskaya.
Ø First Woman to earn a doctorate degree is Juliana Morell.
Ø First Woman to teach at a European university is Laura Bassi.
Ø First Woman to win the Man Booker Prize is Bernice Rubens.
Ø First Woman to win an Oscar for Best Director is Kathryn Bigelow.
Ø First Woman to win Olympic Marathon Medal is Joan Benoit.
Ø First Woman to win Pulitzer Prize is Edith Wharton.
5 :First in World (Adventure)
First man in Space is Yuri Gagarin (USSR)
Ø First man to North Pole is Robert Peary (USA)
Ø First man to Mt. Everest is Edmund Hillary(New Zealand)
Ø First man to South pale is Roald Amundsen (Norway)
Ø First man to Circumnavigate or Sail world is Enrique Magellan (Malay)
Ø First man to both poles (North & South) is Albert P. Carey
First man to moon is Neil Armstrong (USA)
Ø First European to attack India is Alexander the Great.
Ø First European to reach China is Marco Polo.
Ø First Person to swim English Channel is Captain Mathew Web.
Ø First Unmanned Mission on Moon is Luna-9.
Ø First double amputee to Mt. Everest is Mark Inglis.
Ø First man to fly over both North and South Poles is Richared E- Byrd (USA).
Ø First blind man to Mt. Everest is Erik Weilhenmayer (USA).
First man to Mt. Everest twice is Nawang Gombu.
Ø First man to Mt. Everest without oxygen is Phu Dorji Sherpa.
Ø First man to fly over English Chanel is Louis Blerriot.
Ø First man to cross Sahara Desert is Dixon Denham & Hugh Clopertron.
Ø First pope to visit India is Pope Paul VI.
Ø First woman to swim across the English Channel is Gertude Ederle (USA).
Ø First person to sail around the world is Magellan.
Ø First animated colour cartoon of full feature-length is Snow White and Seven Dwarf.
ALSO READ:India Post Recruitment 2022:98000 vacancies Check eligibility
First Woman Cosmonaut in Space is Valentina Tareshkova (USSR)
Ø First Woman to climb Mt. Everest is Juno Tabei (Japan).
Ø First Woman to Climb Mt. Everest twice is Santosh Yadav.
Ø First Woman to win Oscar for Best Actress is Janet Gaynor.
6 :World GK (Frist in World-Sports)
First batsman to score three test test centaury is Mohd. Azhar Ud- Din.
Ø First Asian to win Wimbledon Trophy is Arthur Ashe (USA).
Ø First Asian city host Olympic game is Tokyo (Japan).
Ø First Asian Games held in New Delhi in 1951.
First Asian to get Finix Award is Sr. P.C. Sorcar (India).
Ø First Bowler to claim hat-trick in Successive tests is Wasim Akim.
Ø First Cricketer to have bated in all positions is Wilfred Rhodes (England)
Ø First Cricketer to hat trick in both innings of test is T.J. Mathews (Australia).
Ø First person to jump over 8m in long jump is Jesse Owens (USA).
Ø First person to run race of 10,000 m in 30 minutes is Taisto Maki (Finland).
Ø First person to run race of 5,000 m in 13 minutes is Said Aoutio (Morocco).
First person to run race of 100m in 10 Sec. is Jim Hines (USA).
Ø First person to run race of 200m in 20 Sec. is Tommie Smith (USA).
Ø First person to run race of 1600m in 4 minutes is Roger Bannister (UK)
Ø First team to win the Uber Cup is USA.
Ø First team to win the Sudirman is Indonesia.
Ø First team to win Merdeka Cup is Hong Kong.
Ø First team to win the Fed Cup is USA.
First team to win the World T20 Cricket Championship is India.
Ø First team to win the Women’s Cricket World Cup is England.
Ø First team to win Women’s Hockey Cup is West Indies.
Ø First team to win Hockey World Cup is Pakistan.
Ø First team to win FIFA World Cup is Uruguay.
Ø First team to win FIFA Women’s World Cup is USA.
7:World General Knowledge (First in World Discoveries)
First man to draw map of earth is Anexemander.
Ø First man to complete Encyclopedia is Aspheosis (Athens)
Ø First country to start plastic currency is Australia.
Ø First Spacecraft to reach on Mars is Viking-I
Ø First Atomic Energy plant is EBR (USA).
Ø First university of World is Taxila.
Ø First Space vehicle on Moon is Lunar Exploration/Eagle.
Ø First lamb created from DNA is Dolly
First heart operation by robot by Germany.
Ø First cloned animal from sheep is Dolly.
Ø First cloned human baby is Eve.
Ø First Radio Telescope Satellite in Space is in Japan.
Ø First man to make Solo Flight around the world is Vailypost.
Ø First test tube baby is Louise Joy Brown (England).
Ø First resident of International Space Station are Bill Shepard (USA), Yuri Gidzanko & Segli Krikalev (Russiaa).
Ø First person to give information about plants and their motion around the Sun is Nicolous Copernicus.
Ø Father of Economics is Adman Smith.
Ø Father of Socialism is Robert Owen.
Ø Father of Sociology is Augustus Comte.
Father of Jurisprudence is John Locke.
Ø Father of Green Revolution is Norman Borlaug.
Ø Father of Modern Tourism is Thomas Cook.
Ø Father of Nuclear Physics is Rutherford.
Ø Father of Greek Democracy is Clesthenes.
Ø Father of Psychology is Wilhelm Wudt.
Ø Father of Modern Cartoon is William Hogarth.
Ø Father of Genetics is Gregor Mendal.
Ø Father of Reformation is Martin Luther King.
Ø Father of Renaissance is Petrarch.
Father of Essay is Montaigne.
Ø Father of Co-operation is Robert Own.
Ø Father of Scientific Socialism is Karl Marx.